INCUBATOR STUDIO SPACES July 1 - Dec 2, 2019
Deadline: June 15
Workman Arts members are invited to apply for an Incubator Studio space for the period of July 1 – December 2, 2019. The Incubator Studios are semi-private studio spaces in larger shared environments. Each accepted artist will have a dedicated space that includes a storage box you can lock (for work in process, supplies or gear), a table, chair, power source and easel (if required). The main shared spaces will still be used for classes, member initiatives, rehearsals, other meetings and occasional events. Incubator Studios are intended for quiet, dedicated studio use.
The following outlines the arrangement of the Incubator Studios
You agree to:
- contribute to creating a comfortable, secure and clean working environment
- use the studio on a regular basis
- work towards creating a body of work and/or to explore a specific project
- demonstrate self-direction and the ability to work independently
- work alongside other artists in a shared environment and cooperate accordingly
- commit to the period of time noted above
- work within the allowed boundaries of the space provided for you
- remove personal items, artwork and materials from lock box and studio space on end date
Studio Hours are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9am to 4.30pm and on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-6.30pm excluding statutory holidays and occasional events.
Studios available include:
- 4 Lower Hall studios
- 4 Bay Studios in the Theatre
- 5 Visual Arts spots in the shared Visual Art Studio
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-583-4339, ext. 3.