Workman Arts seeks an energetic, self-motivated highly organized individual to join our team in the role of Interim Education Manager in a full time, interim capacity for a maximum of 1 year. Under the general direction of the Executive Artistic Director & direct supervision of the Managing Director, the Interim Education Manager is responsible to manage, create and grow interdisciplinary education and training offerings for members that enhance Workman Arts’ mandate to support artists with lived mental health and/or addictions experiences.
Core Competencies for Success:
- Extensive knowledge of professional standards in arts educational settings;
- Ability to determine the needs, interests and priorities of the Workman Arts community as they relate to promoting its programs and services with a focus on inclusion, equity and diversity;
- Experience in program planning, implementation, arts education program delivery and management;
- Knowledge of evaluation and assessment tools and techniques and the ability to redefine and modify programs following assessment;
- Ability to manage staff, volunteers, instructor contractors to meet or exceed program goals;
- Ability to represent Workman Arts to the public and key stakeholders.
- Degree or training or equivalent experience in Arts Administration,
- Community Arts, Arts Education, Fine Arts or equivalent;
- Minimum two years of progressive, professional field experience in an arts, culture, social service-related environment.
About this Position
The Interim Education Manager is an approximately 10-month position to cover a parental leave.
Start date: Monday, May 17, 2021
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 (per annum; paid bi-weekly)
Hours: 35 hours per week; including occasional evenings
Benefits: sick leave; 4% vacation pay
Location: Downtown Toronto at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (fully accessible workplace) (working remotely until further notice).
How to apply:
Please send applications to email@example.com by 5 PM on Thursday, April 22, 2021. Please state Interim Education Manager in the subject line.
Include a cover letter stating where you saw this job posting; why you are interested in this position and your current resume/CV.
*Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Workman Arts is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from diverse communities to apply and self-identify in their applications. We welcome and encourage applications from people with different abilities. Accommodations available on request: If you require accessibility support to complete this application please contact Justina Zatzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.