Under the supervision of the Membership & Hospital Programming Manager, the Art Cart Program Assistant is responsible for assisting with the implementation and evaluation of the Art Cart program at CAMH funded by Gifts of Light. The Art Cart Program Assistant will liaise with the Membership and Hospital Programming Manager, Gifts of Light staff, instructors and CAMH support staff to assist with the successful delivery of the Art Cart program.
Art Cart is a partnership between Workman Arts and Gifts of Light, which pairs established Workman Arts member artists with CAMH client services to provide peer-to-peer arts instruction with an emphasis on skills development and creative explorations. These art workshops connect artists with lived experience of mental health and/or addictions issues with those currently in recovery through structured 10-week workshop series exploring a specific art medium in depth and building a body of work for possible exhibiton and/or sale.
- Course preparation support with instructors.
- Buying and arranging transportation for necessary class materials.
- Coordinating the end of season artistic showcase, with support from the Membership and Hospital Programming Manager.
- Some administration, correspondence, and meetings with the Membership and Hospital Programming Manager.
- Distributing and compiling evaluation data from participants, instructors and clinicians on the success of the program.
- Classes may be held virtually or in person, responsive to the current COVID-19 health and safety requirements. The position does not involve participation in live classes, but the details of class support may change slightly depending on if they’re conducted virtually or in person.
- This contract is a part time position that runs year round in three seasons per year.
- The selected candidate will be remunerated $25.00/hour as an independent contractor and is responsible for any tax remittances if applicable.
- The selected candidate will be contracted for a set number of hours, responsive to the number of programs taking place each season (~60-80 hours per season). There are three seasons per year: Fall (September-December), Winter (January-March), and Spring (April-June). Exact hours are flexible based on availability and programming needs each season.
Core Competencies Required for Success
- Integrity – Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards
- Diversity – Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring vitality to Workman Arts
- Self Management – Works independently with minimal supervision
- Patience and Empathy – begins from a place of curiosity and patience in connecting with and supporting a broad community of artists
- Respect – for the expertise and agency in each artist’s lived experience
- Community values – prioritizing community strength and support over traditional clinical frameworks
About this position
The Art Cart Program Assistant is a part-time contract position
Start date: week of August 23, 2021
Salary/Hourly: $25.00 / (per hour; paid monthly)
Hours: 60-80 hours per season; scheduled according to availability and programming
Location: Downtown Toronto at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (fully accessible workplace)
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on July 27, 2021 with the subject line “Art Cart Program Assistant”. Include a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position and your current resume/CV as a single document. .
*Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest; but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Workman Arts is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from diverse communities to apply and self-identify in their applications. We welcome and encourage applications from people with different abilities. Accommodations available on request: If you require accessibility support to complete this application please contact: email@example.com.