CALL FOR SITE-SPECIFIC
DEADLINE to SUBMIT: Friday March 2, 2018
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM HERE.
Workman Arts is accepting applications for site-specific performance work as a part of
the Rendezvous with Madness Festival from October 10 – 21, 2018.
What is a Site-Specific Production?
Site-specific productions use non-traditional spaces rather than a standard theatre and respond directly to the space in terms of staging, theme, history and/or atmosphere. Rendezvous with Madness will incorporate up to 5 site-specific productions into the festival.
Artists retain sole responsibility for securing the site-specific venue as well as all costs related to their production (rehearsal, technical elements etc.) There is no cost to participate in the festival and productions receive 70% of the box office revenue. Individual tickets prices range from PWYC to $12. Please note that if you are thinking of using a CAMH site you must first contact Workman Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Productions also receive:
- Complete box office services
- Complete front of house services
- Promotional and marketing support
- Up to 30 hours of free rehearsal space in the Workman Arts Theatre
- Workman Arts will provide letters of reference for grant proposals, if needed.
- Production bursaries are available upon request and range from $250-$500 per production.
- Artists must integrate the topic of mental health or addiction into the fabric of their work. We will prioritize projects where members of the artistic team have lived experience with mental health or addiction issues and where the content or subject matter addresses or explores mental health or addiction issues in a sophisticated and artistically grounded way.
- Artists must be available for a minimum of 5 performances throughout the festival (exact scheduling details will be negotiated upon acceptance).
- Artists must secure the necessary performance rights or permissions, including permission for actors in unions and associations if necessary.
- Application deadline is Friday, March 2 at 5 PM. Download the application form HERE.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance no later than March 23, 2018.
- Please submit applications as one PDF attachment to email@example.com
- If you have questions regarding your application please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Rendezvous with Madness Festival please visit workmanarts.com.