Long Winter at Workman Arts
Call for Installations & Performances (for WA members)! Deadline for submissions: January 4 at 5 PM
Long Winter is an all ages contemporary art and music party that happens during the winter months in Toronto at various locations around the city. On Saturday, February 9 (7 PM-2 AM, PWYC), Long Winter will take over the entire building at Workman Arts including the Chapel, Skey Room and Roseneath Studio.
Workman Arts is looking for the following to be a part of this art show:
- 4 site-specific visual art installations ($200 artist fee)
- 2 main stage 30 minute musical acts ($200 artist fee)
- 8 theme-specific bed sheet banners* ($25 artist fee)
If you would like to apply please send the following:
- What section you would like to be a part of (Installation, Music or Banner)
- A 50-100 word bio to be printed in the Long Winter brochure
- The Artist Name you would like to be printed in the Long Winter brochure
- A Short Description of your project/music set/banner idea
- What part of the building you would you like to present in (for music and visual art)?
*Eight (clean!) bedsheets will be provided for Workman Arts artists to create a thematic banner. These can include painting, textiles and/or mixed media that will be hung on the balcony of the theatre. We encourage artists to think of the banners as a way to address the material’s associations, themes, memories, stories and images that relate to beds, depression, sickness, sleep and/or recovery. All completed pieces must be brought to Workman on February 1.
Please email applications to Cara_Spooner@workmanarts.com or drop off in person by January 4 at 5 PM.