The Rendezvous with Madness (RWM) 2020 call for performances and installations closes on February 28. Our staff will hold two info sessions and tours of the spaces available for performances and installations at 651 Dufferin for RWM 2020. These info sessions will give artists applying a chance to clarify, ask questions and see the space they might be creating work in. They will also be shared via Facebook Live for potential applicants who are unable to attend in person.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying which session you would like to attend. Both sessions will cover the same information, so you only need to attend one.
Info Session (1 hour)
Introduce structure of the event (general questions in the first half with the entire group and save questions about individual projects until the end of the session). Have the questions in the call (listed below) on the screen and go through each section with time for people to ask questions (in person and from FB live).
Tour (30 mins)
Skey Room, Chapel, Roseneath, Theatre, Front Office, Kelly’s Office, Art Studio, Media Lab, Program Office, Kitchen, Lower Hall and Storage
Individual Questions (30 mins)
Time for one-on-one questions about individual applicant’s projects and/or time for people to measure and take photos of different spaces.
Questions in the application form
- Project Title
- Contact Person
- Email Address for Contact Person
- Phone Number for Contact Person
- Artist website or project website (if applicable)
- Description of proposed project
- How would the proposed project be described?
- If applicable, how long is the performance/event (in minutes)
- What schedule would make the proposed project the most successful?
- How does the proposed project centre people with lived mental health and/or addiction experiences? Approximately how many people on the lead artistic team identify as having lived experience?
- Who is involved and in what capacity? Please share if (and how) there are any partner organizations involved (if applicable)
- How does the proposed project address the site?
- What location that would make the proposed project the most successful? NOTE: Locations marked with an asterisks (*) are wheelchair accessible
- How do you imagine audiences interacting with the proposed project and/or what would be the ideal audience configuration?
- What is the total budget for this project?
- What amount you are requesting from Rendezvous with Madness (between $500-$1,000)
- Please describe if the project has other financial support pending or confirmed (if applicable)
- Is there anything else we should know about the proposed project?