Type: Part-time Contract Position (approx. 120 hours)
Term: September 10- October 26, 2018
Reports To: Managing Director
Deadline: Friday July 27, 2018, 5 PM
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible to lead the volunteer team at the annual Rendezvous With Madness Festival (October 10-21, 2018). We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help lead a team of passionate volunteers and build a memorable festival experience. The Volunteer Coordinator will recruit, communicate with and support festival volunteers to provide attendees with a welcoming and accessible festival experience while providing a rewarding experience to those volunteering their time.
- Lead the recruitment, selection, scheduling and training for various volunteer positions and several specialized volunteer roles for the 2018 Rendezvous With Madness Festival;
- Communicate with volunteers/potential volunteers to manage orientations and coordinate their scheduling;
- Identify and schedule suitable applicants
- Manage festival volunteer schedule;
- Organize volunteer orientations and trainings;
- Provide on-site volunteer supervision during festival hours;
- Liaise with Box Office/FOH staff to provide supervision for festival venues and box office volunteers;
- Lead communications between volunteers, venue staff and Workman Arts’ festival staff;
- Provide statistics, wrap up report and incident reports
- Collaborate with Workman Arts’ festival staff to design new volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate the planning and execution of volunteer recognition events for volunteers and manage the distribution of volunteer rewards and promotional offers;
- Create and lead an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere where all volunteers, audience and staff feel appreciated, respected and engaged.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in areas of event coordination and/or customer service management;
- Minimum 2 years experience at film/arts/cultural festival or arts event environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word/excel), email, internet;
- Ability to work with wide variety of stakeholders, Workman Arts members, board members and volunteers;
- Strong presentation, organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; must be highly organized, innovative and self-motivated;
- Friendly, outgoing and patience is essential;
- Attention to details, timelines and objectives
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Open to working with a population that has experience with mental health and/or addictions
Workman Arts is the longest-running multidisciplinary arts and mental health organization in Canada. Founded in 1987 and guided by the principle that the creative process is integral to the quest for personal development, Workman Arts has grown over the years from a theatre company with eight member artists to a multidisciplinary arts organization with 300+ member artists and world-recognized public programs. Located in the arts district in west-end Toronto, Workman Arts manages a 220-seat theatre, visual and media arts studios and dynamic training facilities. Its programs, approach and artistic productions have earned it national and international acclaim. Workman Arts has a long-standing partnership with CAMH [Centre for Addiction and Mental Health], Canada’s leading research and clinical facility involved in mental health and addictions.
Since inception, Workman Arts has created award-wining performances and exhibitions. These include annual exhibitions in the visual arts held in leading Toronto arts venues, the production and publication of literary projects, over 30 original theatre productions including award-winning Edward the Crazy Man and Third Eye Looming; the creation of the internationally renowned Madness and Arts World Festival the first and longest-running mental health film/arts festival in the world, Rendezvous With Madness (26th edition: October 10-21, 2018).
Workman Arts is an equal opportunity employer
No phone calls or emails please. We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday July 31, 2018, 5 PM
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly apply with cover letter and resume and note where you saw this posting in your cover letter
Hiring Committee, Workman Arts
651 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6K 2B2 Canada
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF or RTF files only please)